Saturday, February 16, 2008

I HATE Customer Service, and So Should You.

Oh how I hate calling customer service, (the VOICE) be it for the computer, to talk to the phone company or to ask a question of the bank. In general, I find myself caught in Voice Mail Tree hell (the VOICE)! Remember when you called your bank and got an operator who actually tied to get you to the right person.

Or call my personal favorite, Directv. These people have developed a very special voice tree designed to keep you from getting to the person who can actually help you (unless you want to buy something, that's pretty quick). The VOICE tells you how valued you are, all the things you can currently subscribe to on Directv, whats coming up, and then connects you to someone who asks you all the information you just told the VOICE about, to pass you on to someone else to tell the same thing to: again and again.

So imagine my delight to find a Web Place dedicated to getting you information on how to actually get a human on the phone. The site is gethuman.com a group dedicated to improving the customer service experience. The site gives you a list of customer service numbers and hints, how to get around the phone tree, how to ignore the VOICE.

Now we need a site that improves the quality of the human you eventually get. I'll settle for someone who actually cares that your a customer. Unfortunately, those are few and far between. I had one last night at Wachovia's Customer Service, someone who really cared that I understood the issues, was happy with the answer, and felt that I had been helped. To tell you the truth, my experience with Wachovia has been pretty exceptional.

Directv, you should take lessons.

No comments: